As a Video Editor, you will be responsible for taking the raw footage shot by a film crew and director, then turning it into one cohesive video or film. You must follow an outline, script, and special instructions about what should happen in each scene. You will work with the Director, Cinematographer and Producer to create the final product from a raw footage set. They will go through each scene and edit out any errors or unnecessary parts that would distract from the storyline. They will also add music and other effects to help engagingly tell the story.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting Salary: $45,000
- Helping shape a fast-growing startup as a founding member
- Inspired colleagues from around the globe
- On-hire Internal Partners start with 8 days paid time off + 8 days unpaid time off
- Eligible Internal Partners can use PTO for vacation, holiday, illness, injury, or personal business
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly Certification Week
- Monthly Paid Team Lunch
- MacBook will be provided
- Access to top-of-the-line production equipment
In this role, you’ll be:
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Trimming footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Inputting music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Creating rough and final cuts
- Ensuring logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consulting with the team from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to To radically improve how human beings exist by helping humankind advance in the digital age.
- You believe in our ability to build the best place for people, Create the largest company in the universe, and do as much good as possible.
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You're looking for a fast-paced, expansive and exciting environment
- You like to be challenged and pushed
- You have a desire to be a part of an organization full of leaders
Our ideal candidate has:
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Ability to think and act quickly